Welcome to Prairie Wind Collection....where you will find all sorts of information, items and things for sale dealing with Historical American Girl Dolls. Welcome to my passion, I hope to help bring your dolls and history to life!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Meet Abby....

Meet Miss Abby...she is not an American Girl Doll, but a Springfield Collection Doll... The first doll I got.  I figured, if I wanted my grandaughters playing with these dolls at an early age....I couldn't let them play with the more pricey American Girl dolls.  Springfield Dolls are well made and sturdy.....and at a fraction of the AG price....if the hair gets pulled, or frazzeled, or an arm breaks...I'm not gonna be too upset, especially if she was well, loved, and these girls get very well loved.  2 and 3 year olds, just want to dress and undress .... ALL DAY LONG!!!!!

The outfit is gorgeoous.....I found these pre- made panels, you just cut out and piece together....they are really pretty...and I think making this one was what started this whole thing.  This dress was for Melinda Dalton, who was born in 1835 in Dug Spur, Virginia....she was a maid in a wealthy land owners household, and this would have been her Sunday dress.  I love the paisley print.  

No comments:

Post a Comment