Welcome to Prairie Wind Collection....where you will find all sorts of information, items and things for sale dealing with Historical American Girl Dolls. Welcome to my passion, I hope to help bring your dolls and history to life!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Start of Something Grand!!!

I hope!!!!  I want to welcome you all to my Blog.  I am a Doll lover, have been all my life.  Started out as a child, and then continued on with my 2 daughters....and now my 4 granddaughters!  Over time, I have become fascinated with Pleasant Rowlands, and the Whole American Girl Story.  This blog is a tribute to those dolls, in particular the Historical Dolls.

I truly believe it was wonderful that Pleasant Rowlands' love of  Reading, and History, spurred her on to develop the American Girl Doll line.  What a wonderful way to get little girls to read, and to develop a story, and history for their beloved dolls.  I'm not sure about you, but whenever I look into the eyes of these beautiful dolls, I can almost feel their souls.  Anything with a story becomes real!

The purpose of this blog is to share with you the research I do, into these beautiful, spirited dolls, and the times they lived in, and especially the clothing they wore.  I am also developing an Etsy shop with high quality hand-made period doll clothing(sewing is another passion of mine)....so stay tuned for information on when I get that up and running!  And please, come back to see how we are all doing! And please, drop me a comment...I'd love hearing from all of you and about your precious little dolls!







No comments:

Post a Comment