Welcome to Prairie Wind Collection....where you will find all sorts of information, items and things for sale dealing with Historical American Girl Dolls. Welcome to my passion, I hope to help bring your dolls and history to life!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Quilt Time

I was looking for a good quilt to do for Kaya....As American Girl from 1764, Kaya would not have had anything like this quilt, but, when she's being a modern day girl, I think she would love this quilt. The pattern is Morning Star....and it is a quilt used in the Underground Railroad....to let run-away slaves know where safe houses were. I love the bright colors, and I'm sure Kaya does too.





See more doll quilts on my Etsy Store  www.etsy.com/shop/prairiewindgirls




 As I was working on this...I realized...I totally forgot to post a pic of Kit's quilt.....I was looking for quilts made in the 1930's so that I could do one for Kit. I came across this pieced block that was published in the Chicago Tribune in 1933. The simple Cross Country blocks are set "on point", and in the full quilt, form a basic Irish Chain. The colors are unusual but go together well!

No comments:

Post a Comment