Welcome to Prairie Wind Collection....where you will find all sorts of information, items and things for sale dealing with Historical American Girl Dolls. Welcome to my passion, I hope to help bring your dolls and history to life!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Felicity's Winter Outfit

see more of Felicity's outfits on my Etsy Shop  www.etsy.com/shop/prairiewindgirls

I fell in love with this cape pattern, and couldn't wait to make Felicity's Winter outfit out of it!!!!  Then I found this very soft red velvet, and knew I had to do it....This is called a Cardinal Cape, not for the cardinal red color....but because it is similar to the cape that Roman Catholic Cardinals in the 1700's wore, and still wear!  It is a full cape with a beautiful gathered hood, made of red velvet, and lined in red satin.  It closes at the neck with 2 gold buttons.  Then to keep her hands warm, she has white leather mitts, embroidered in red, and a white satin muff, embroidered in blue.  One very stylish colonial girl!!!!  I used a pattern I found on Liberty Jane, called Ivy Cape, by Melodie Valerie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment